Monday, December 8, 2014

Started working on the story: Chapter 0

I started working a little on the story.
I decided there will be a main story (quest) and that it will be divided in chapters.

I'm now writing at an high level the chapter 0 which is a sort of introduction where it tells you how you started being a slave trainer and what's the city you're in feels like.
It's a small chapter where you've just moved to the city and try to buy your first slave.

This made me think that I need a way to keep track of quests. So in the following days I'll probably write down the events for chapter 0 and while doing so I'll add the new EventStep that will be required for managing the quest.

What's an EventStep? (maybe I already explained that?)
Let's start by defining an event. In the game an event is a piece of story.
For example you decide to go and work to the brothel? An event will start explaining you what happened.

An EventStep is the building block of an event.
For example there's an EventStep for displaying text to the player, one for adding money, one for changing expression etc...

And that's it... From now on if I refer to EventStep you will be able to understand what they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment