Monday, December 22, 2014

Continuing chapter 0 and 2 new event steps

Hello, it's been some times since the last update.

I was not able to do much in the previous days. But now I restarted working.
Recently I written down 4 out of 8 events needed to complete the chapter 0.
During the writing I added two new event steps:
-One for setting a title in the event page.
-One for setting the subtitle in the event page.

I need for sure to add a third event step that will be used to make the game get recurrent (each week and each month) payments from the player.
Chapter 0 talk about how city life was pretty different from what the player expected.
He now needs to pay for food and for rent and that's why I need the event step I said.

To end today post here's what does look like the event screen.

As you can see the title and subtitle are on top left. They're kinda hard to read if there's a dark image as you can see. But when I'll sort out the UI I'll see if I can put inside some kind of container or if I can get that movie subtitle kind of effect (you know the one where the letters are black with a small white border).

Since I'm not a native english speaker the event will probably be full of errors and a nice feature I'd like to have is a correct button for all the grammar nazis out there. Using the correct button you will be prompted to write the corrected text or to replace it altoghether if you think it would be better.
The correction now will be sent to a server so I can see it and correct the text for the next release.
I'm still not sure if this is hard to do or not, I've looked upon the Parse service which seems pretty easy to use and it's free(for my needs at least).

Once I have that, it should be pretty easy to add a way to send me crash logs and bug reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment